Re: Pendulum adjustment

John Haine

Thanks everyone for the input.  Part of my concern was the very high friction I was getting from the rating nut, made on the pattern of the one shown in Elliott Isaacs' articles in EIM.  This is in the form of a long tube that fits into a larger bore in the lower half of the bob with the "nut" at the top of the tube.  My problem was that the bore in the bob was a shade too small and not entirely concentric with the upper bore (quite hard drilling concentric holes from opposite directions in a large chunk of cast iron!).  I opened the lower bore out a trifle and most of the friction has gone away.