Bounce in gravity arm

Howard

How much bounce should you expect in the gravity arm, I am occasionally seeing a double impulse where it fails to latch. Reducing the current to slow things down gives unreliable advance of the pilot dial.

The latch and leather wing had been crushed together and gripped the catch on the gravity arm, I have straightened these but think the leather wing looks a bit high, bending it down so it meets the rising catch sooner and at a more acute angle would presumably slow the motion.

The leather is replaced wasn’t sure how thick it should be.

Any thoughts?
Howard