Re: ANTIQUARIAN HOROLOGICAL SOC. ELECTRICAL GP.

H Hal

Chris,

I'm a little late to the thread so you may well have answered before....have you posted a video..with sound of your troubled clock so we can hear and see it....such videos are very useful for this.

You appear to be ict literate and "willing" to share, so let's see it

regards

hal

On 03/06/2021 15:33, Chris Wollaston wrote:
Hello Peter, tks for the recommendation and yes, I did consider it a few months ago plus took some advice from clock enthusiasts and dealers locally who were a bit dismissive due to annual cost of membership. For me as a beginner with all sorts of clocks I have collected around my house, I did worry that it's a bit 'hi-brow' and deep techy so perhaps when I've actually had a chance to meet a few members in person and discuss the situation I might reconsider.
I'm one of those people who love mechanical things and like to see them in action and talk to the owner face-to-face to soak up the enthusiasm and passion.
I'm finding this constant sitting at a keyboard bashing keys sending emails rather sterile and frustrating and v puzzled why there's not a willingness to pick up a phone and have a chat or meet on a Zoom to show stuff live?
Anyway, thanks for the heads up on AHS. Bests, Chris in E Sussex 07970 530655 I use WhatsApp and it's free!!!