Re: ANTIQUARIAN HOROLOGICAL SOC. ELECTRICAL GP.

Chris Wollaston

Hello Peter, tks for the recommendation and yes, I did consider it a few months ago plus took some advice from clock enthusiasts and dealers locally who were a bit dismissive due to annual cost of membership. For me as a beginner with all sorts of clocks I have collected around my house, I did worry that it's a bit 'hi-brow' and deep techy so perhaps when I've actually had a chance to meet a few members in person and discuss the situation I might reconsider.
I'm one of those people who love mechanical things and like to see them in action and talk to the owner face-to-face to soak up the enthusiasm and passion.
I'm finding this constant sitting at a keyboard bashing keys sending emails rather sterile and frustrating and v puzzled why there's not a willingness to pick up a phone and have a chat or meet on a Zoom to show stuff live?
Anyway, thanks for the heads up on AHS. Bests, Chris in E Sussex 07970 530655 I use WhatsApp and it's free!!!