Re: DRIVING SLAVE SYNCHRONOME DIALS WITHOUT A MASTER CLOCK PRESENT?

bailey.services@...

If someone has spent 5 hours on it without success then there must be a problem! And the obvious has probably already been tried. But as per Ian’s advice depth of gathering arm is critical, if you watch the count wheel and it moves counterclockwise as the gathering arm swings back to the left to take another bite then that’s wrong, the gathering arm is set too low.

Another point to check is the suspension spring, the book I think says 5 thou (0.127mm) which is pretty flexible, last clock I fiddled with had a spring of 0.4mm 3 and a bit times thicker, extra weight had been added to the gravity arm to compensate but may never have worked. I’m sure others have seen similar bodges?

I think we would all like to see the video!

Howard