Re: DRIVING SLAVE SYNCHRONOME DIALS with an EC4A

Chris

Chris,

It seems too obvious to those with experience, but:
Is your Synchronome upright and on a rigid wall.
Stud walls with plasterboard aren't very stiff.

Having another master clock on the same wall may upset the Synchronome.
It certainly did mine. This has to do with synchronicity and pendulum phase.

Early Synchronome movements had short, fat wood screws to hold them to the case.
These screws are fixed into very inadequate timber crossbars behind the back board.
Make sure the movement, base plate is firmly fixed to the case.
Some may choose to drill into a masonry wall and fit plugs for longer screws.

Chris.B

On 02/06/2021 16:41, Chris Wollaston wrote:
Hi Bob, tks for the info on the EC4A clock driver on the www.electric-clocks.co.uk website run by Mark in Cambridgeshire.  I spoke to Mark and the product sounded useful so I've ordered one. (At least I should be able to get a couple of Sync slaves running in the house whilst the master is awaiting some experienced tlc!) Smiles, Chris.