Re: DRIVING SLAVE SYNCHRONOME DIALS WITHOUT A MASTER CLOCK PRESENT?

Brian Cracknell

There was a letter in The Daily Telegraph a few years ago from a man who bought an oscilloscope via mail order sometime in the 1960s. When it arrived he got it out of the box and set it up but no matter how much he fiddled, he couldn't get it to work. Finally, reluctantly and with a great sigh he opened the instruction manual and the first line of text read "You've tried it your way, now try it our way". After that it worked.....

But for old things that may have been bodged by other people sometime in the distant past in ways which may not be immediately obvious, there may be scenarios where the original instructions do need to be tweaked a little bit. Different types of felt pads for instance may have different degrees of compressibility which can affect the gap settings.

From: synchronome1@groups.io <synchronome1@groups.io> on behalf of Ian Richardson via groups.io <irichar361@...>
Sent: 01 June 2021 14:35
To: synchronome1@groups.io <synchronome1@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [synchronomeelectricclock] DRIVING SLAVE SYNCHRONOME DIALS WITHOUT A MASTER CLOCK PRESENT?

100% agree.  Also, rather than reinvent the wheel - follow the established set-up instructions:  THEY WORK.

Synchronome systems would not have been so successful if they were as fiddly as some folk think.  I have run dozens of them (still have 6) without problems for many years.

Ian R
Should be in France, but stuck in the UK!!