Re: Impulse Driver

John Hubert

Hi Peter,

That looks very similar to the Synchronome type.

John

On 22 Mar 2021, at 09:27, Peter Torry via groups.io <peter.torry@...> wrote:

Good morning all,

Following your request I attach an image of a six circuit Gillet and Johnston distribution system for your information.  The jack plug stored at the top of the unit can be removed and inserted in any of the other circuits to display that circuit current on the meter and the rheost adjusted to give the required current in that circuit.  To advance a particular circuit the toggle switch is moved from normal to advance and the push button next to the meter depressed as required to bring the circuit to time.

Kind regards

Peter  UK

On 22/03/2021 06:52, Simon Taylor wrote:

With GPO clocks, you have a GMT relay set so that you can power several clock circuits in large buildings.

With Synchronome, you have a distribution board, which does the same thing. It just allows expansion so that a really huge enterprise can run hundreds of clocks. From memory, County Hall in London was fitted out by Gillet & Johnston and had 1200 clocks running in it.

I would have loved to see the distribution system used there!

http://www.lightstraw.uk/gpo/clocksystems/index.html

<G&J001.jpg>