Re: Master Clock contact duration?

Simon Taylor

I guess the duration depends on how long the gravity arm takes to reset? I would imagine that different clocks would have small differences, maybe power supplied, type of reset arm, strength of coils, the gap between them and the armature, etc. I don't really know them well, but I can imagine that different individual clocks could have a range of impulse durations between them.

I have the same difference on GPO hipp toggle clocks, but it depends on the decay of the pendulum arc. If the contacts operate just after a hipp driving impulse, then the duration is longer than if the contacts operate just before the toggle operates. Indeed, the specification for a pulse is between 200-500mS .

http://www.lightstraw.uk/gpo/clocksystems/index.html