Re: Count wheel & backstop roller & Pendulum length to bob?

Chris Wollaston

Hi John, Many tks for the info on various bobs and pendulum lengths. My pendulum doesn't have a weights tray and sadly, someone must have dropped the pendulum and snapped off a length of the 8BA? threaded end on which the brass rating nut travels. Thus, I've 41mm of thread sticking out the bottom of the rod but no record of how long it should be when intact?  The cylindrical brass bob weighs 4.4kg approx 9.25lbs and looks authentic so a very rough measurement guide from the top of the brass block above the suspension spring to the top of the bob would be a useful start? I'm suggesting 92cm, what do you reckon? Chris