Re: Count wheel & backstop roller

Chris Wollaston

Hi John, many tks for that and excellent picture. I'm going to require a steady pair of hands to get it set up.  Any preference as to which bead to use, glass or alloy? The alloy one has a raised edge both sides.  Also, I've been avidly studying Bob Miles tome Ch 13 on setting up the pendulum and impulse pallet under the roller and am now awaiting a replacement suspension spring as the one that came with the clock is twice as long as the correct version shown on p.236 plus it has a crimp in the metal. This will be the next challenge. Chris