Re: Count wheel & backstop roller

John Hubert

In fact it cannot ‘fall off’ because the K shaped bridge is ‘in the way’.  Photo of a slightly earlier clock (which has been running for many years) attached.

John

On 22 Feb 2021, at 15:41, Chris Wollaston <chris@...> wrote:

Dear All, I've just joined the forum and in the process of setting up my 1920s Synchronome master (Serial 1152) in mahogany case and have carefully dismounted the Y-shaped brass bracket that holds the count wheel and latch because the pivot pins were bent and the wheel gummed up with old sticky oil.  Now cleaned and straightened I'm poised to re-assemble but see that I've been supplied with either a wee glass or solid alloy roller bead to fit on the backstop wire.  However, there doesn't seem to be a way of preventing the bead falling off the wire so is it just held in place by the brass Y or should I drop a spot of glue on the end to prevent it falling off? Bests, Chris in E Sussex