Count wheel & backstop roller

Chris Wollaston

Dear All, I've just joined the forum and in the process of setting up my 1920s Synchronome master (Serial 1152) in mahogany case and have carefully dismounted the Y-shaped brass bracket that holds the count wheel and latch because the pivot pins were bent and the wheel gummed up with old sticky oil.  Now cleaned and straightened I'm poised to re-assemble but see that I've been supplied with either a wee glass or solid alloy roller bead to fit on the backstop wire.  However, there doesn't seem to be a way of preventing the bead falling off the wire so is it just held in place by the brass Y or should I drop a spot of glue on the end to prevent it falling off? Bests, Chris in E Sussex