Re: Magneta and also Bowell

James Kelly

Hi Simon

Thanks For the additional information< I can see now that the SECC PO 16 image from your earlier post has had the pendulumn bob changed to a non standard shape

Glad you like the new groups.io platform its a lot better than the old Yahoo one

regards

Jim

On Friday, 11 January 2019, 18:05:53 GMT, Simon Taylor <smktaylor1@...> wrote:

Hi Jim,

I was going to show a photo of another clock, but just had an inspiration.

On my site is a copy of the first GPO clock manual as it were from October 1927, which has a description of the clock 16 and two drawings. GPO drawings tended to be exact down to the bow in the wires and the position of the screws!.
Here they are…

.

here is a link to the 1927 document. It is in the form of a .jpg gallery.

There is also the early Martin Fisher Magneta system detailed here.

Simon GPO clocks

On 11 Jan 2019, at 18:52pm, James Kelly via Groups.Io <jimfortress@...> wrote:

Hi Simon

With regard to your image of the SECC P.O. 16 clock I have not seen one with that shape of pendulum bob do you think its original

regards

Jim

http://www.lightstraw.co.uk/gpo/clocksystems/index.html