Re: Solari Flip Clock Driver

John Haine

It's interesting looking at the photo that the coil appears to be part of a Lavet-style stepper motor!  I have seen patents that show that pattern of a 2-pin "lantern" pinion, and the core shape looks right too.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was perfectly happy on a lower voltage than 48 if the quartz clock variety is any guide.  Assuming it is the Arduino needs to give it alternate pulses, each quite short.

To be pedantic, the driver shield you show is just an ST Micro L298 dual H-bridge with supporting components, exactly what you need, but not what nowadays would be classed as a stepper motor driver.