Re: Master Clock contact spark quenching

neil

Hi Darren,
             Raymond is correct ...the clock contacts are only rated to drive the old post office 2000 series relays, which pull little current, and the slaves are driven by the relay. I also have a gents po36 hipp toggle clock and I operate the slaves via a small Philips relay inside the clock, so the clock contacts only see the relay current. If you like I can post you a suitable relay if you tell me what voltage you are running.
Neil

On Tue, 5 Jan 2021, 12:55 pm Tracy and Raymond van Orsoy de Flines, <raytray.van@...> wrote:
Best is to use a relay. I got a Gents masterclock (Hipp Toggle) and run the 30 second slave clocks through a relay.

On Tue, 5 Jan 2021, 12:50 Darren Conway <darren.conway@...> wrote:

Hi

I now have 1 Master and 2 Slaves running from a 12V supply.  There is enough resistance to limit the current to within spec (~240mA).

I am seeing arcing across the Master clock contacts.    This can't be good.

Is there a standard solution to this problem?  If not, I would add an RC snubber between the top terminal and the cast iron frame from the back.

Regards

Darren Conway

Avast logo