Re: Master Clock contact spark quenching

Tracy and Raymond van Orsoy de Flines

Best is to use a relay. I got a Gents masterclock (Hipp Toggle) and run the 30 second slave clocks through a relay.

On Tue, 5 Jan 2021, 12:50 Darren Conway <darren.conway@...> wrote:

Hi

I now have 1 Master and 2 Slaves running from a 12V supply.  There is enough resistance to limit the current to within spec (~240mA).

I am seeing arcing across the Master clock contacts.    This can't be good.

Is there a standard solution to this problem?  If not, I would add an RC snubber between the top terminal and the cast iron frame from the back.

Regards

Darren Conway

Avast logo