parts.
cheers,
Neville Michie

On 31 Dec 2020, at 07:29, Odell, Edward via groups.io <edward.odell=kcl.ac.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I was just about to reply something similar

No one really seems to know the significance of the differently sized weights but they are probably not designed to be adjustments, the inventor said the clock would run upside down so the idea this is some kind of pendulum isn’t correct. That said I have had one with an unbalanced wheel running reasonably for many years, but the amplitude improved when correctly balanced.

Eddy

From: synchronome1@groups.io <synchronome1@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ralph via groups.io
Sent: 30 December 2020 20:26
To: synchronome1@groups.io
Subject: Re: [synchronomeelectricclock] Eureka spring

The screws should be screwed down fully as original. They must not be moved around, unless someone has moved them in the past and you are trying to correct it.. They are different weights. If you remove them, you will see they are undercut and vary in the amount. I look at the balance as a unique style of compound pendulum.

Ralph

Philip Green wrote:

Thank you Peter and Edward,

The spring has 12 1/2 turns and I have got it to its fullest extent so I will try undoing the screws and see what effect that has.

Thank you

Phil

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 6:49 PM Odell, Edward via groups.io <edward.odell=kcl.ac.uk@groups.io> wrote:

HI

According to the Shenton book the 40 tooth wheel type has a longer spring, the standard spring for the 45 tooth wheel should be 12 ¼ turns so check and see if wrong one fitted, but I don’t know the spring dimensions for the early beat rate clock

Eddy Odell