Re: Pallet design

John Hubert

One like that (but complete) sold at Gardiner Houlgates sale on 25th October 2018 as lot 1152.

On 11 Jan 2019, at 13:35, Steve Berger <info@...> wrote:

Here's one I found at a flea market in Phoenix, Arizona with missing movement parts.
Steve
AZ, USA

<synchronome.jpg>
On Jan 11, 2019, at 3:53 AM, Ian Lonsdale <ian.lonsdale@...> wrote:

John,

The extract came from a series of articles published in Engineering in Miniature between Jan 1987 to May 1988

I can send the complete series in PDF (28mb) to you via WeTransfer.com if you want

Regards
Ian Lonsdale

From: synchronome1@groups.io <synchronome1@groups.io> On Behalf Of John Haine
Sent: 10 January 2019 20:37
To: synchronome1@groups.io
Subject: Re: [synchronomeelectricclock] Pallet design

Wow!  Thanks for all the quick replies.

Ian, noted that the ideal shape is probably not going to work any better.  Even the "ideal" shape is based on the notion that a raised-sine impulse waveform is optimum, with no real reason why.  As I have a little CNC mill I could form the shape almost as easily as the circular arc.

Peter, I think those pages are almost the same as what I have in "Electric Clocks and How to Make Them" - again the drawing lacks one dimension.

Ian, thanks for that article - very useful!  I think that is from HJ?  Could you say when it was published please?  Now that HJ is online from 1858 to 2000 I should be able to download the whole series.

Geoff, "HSN" is a newsletter published by the NAWCC, sort of the American equivalent of the BHI, it's for oddities like me who still find the physics of pendulums and things interesting.  Not a very wide circulation I fear.

Thanks again all - I'm sure I'll have many more questions.

John.