Re: Standard Electric Time master clock

Andrew Nahum

That is absolutely amazing. How do you account for it?

But glancing at your graph I would hazard a guess that it is showing that though the rate - hour to hour-  is less variable without the hands, in terms of the means over 14 hour and 20 hour periods you show it is actually wandering more when 'handless'. Or have I misunderstood?

Also in your first 14 hour sample, is right to say that the highs and lows correlate with the 12.00 and 6.00 o'clock positions of the minute hand?  It would be interesting to see a trace over two or three days with hour hand fitted but no minute hand.

Andrew

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 4:20 PM Philip Gladstone <philip@...> wrote:
I removed the hands over the weekend, and the difference is absolutely clear:

So it really is related to the position of the hands.....

Philip