Re: *** WARNING: Ignoring incoming connection ..

Nick G4IRX

Hi Dan,

I looked at the openrepeater stuff on YouTube.

Have you guys seen the Pi-Star image? It has a facility where the wi-fi comes up as an access point on first boot then allows you to scan for networks and configure. Would be a great feature to add.

73
Nick

On 11 December 2018 15:07:20 GMT, Daniel Loranger <dloranger08@...> wrote:
Hi Mike,

Can you explain how you have the network setup?

I have been assuming you are accessing the system from a local node (keyboard and monitor on the pi) and you are trying to connect to a router for outside access.  Once the wifi is connected to the router, you are trying to use a pc with a browser to connect to the openrepeater gui from inside the wifi network.

Is this all correct?

Some other things to consider, if you are using a guest wifi, or mobile network, hotspots or similar, you may be able to get out (ping google), but not back inside without having the firewall ports opened. As I recall for outside access you need to open the https ports and ssh for admin port.

Dan

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018, 6:20 AM Daniel Loranger via Groups.Io <dloranger08=gmail.com@groups.io wrote:
Hi Mike,

I do the wifi through raspi-config as well, then run ifconfig to confirm its connected as expected and to see what the ip address is, then using a browser navigate to the ip address shown.

Just tried to do it and confirmed its working.

I will ask the dev to double confirm as well to make sure its not something on my router or etc that's making it work.

Dan

On Dec 11, 2018 12:31 AM, "Mike via Groups.Io" <mikeymustang2000=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dan,

  I loaded the latest version of OpenRepeater last night but I could not get the Wifi working. I tried connecting to my wifi by going into the raspi-config and setting it up there and it seems like it connected as i could ping 8.8.8.8 but I could not get to the OpenRepeater "setup page". I could however get to it if I plugged in the CAT5. could you please explain how you connected to your wifi?

Thank you!

Mike WA3O

On Monday, December 10, 2018, 5:36:00 PM EST, Daniel Loranger <dloranger08@...> wrote:

In general I agree there is minimal loading, that's why i am suspecting its something I caused by tinkering.

The ptt and cos is easy to do with a hat board designed for the purpose. There are a couple commercial boards that have built in support as part of the open repeaterimage.  As simple to configure as selecting it from a drop down menu and clicking next.

These hats should all handle the logic level translation seamlessly, although I haven't use most of them personally.

Have a look at the videos for openrepeater for some ideas of what it looks like currently in hardware support and software setup

On Dec 10, 2018 2:17 PM, "Nick G4IRX" <nick@...> wrote:
I've not looked at the openrepeater image myself. Mine is running a simplex gateway on a Rpi B which runs Arch Linux Arm. I built svxlink from Arch pkgbuild and I don't see any significant CPU load with it running. Next steps here are to use GPIO for ptt and cos rather than the serial port.

73
Nick.

On 10 December 2018 22:00:08 GMT, Daniel Loranger <dloranger08@...> wrote:
I don't think many people use wifi for repeater setups so that is likely why there are few comments on it specifically, but it does work.

I had a development image running on a zero-w over the weekend.  It was a bit slow, but I think that is more processor than anything and could very well have been a side effect result of me mucking with things.

On Dec 10, 2018 1:37 PM, "Mike via Groups.Io" <mikeymustang2000=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dan,

The version I had did not support WiFi. I am guessing it does now...So , I guess the newer versions support Wifi? I looked on the web page and I could not find anything about Wifi support.

Thanks!

Mike WA3O

On Monday, December 10, 2018, 4:31:41 PM EST, Daniel Loranger <dloranger08@...> wrote:

Can you elaborate on won't do wireless?  Do you mean wifi?

I run wifi on the image off and on without issues, there is also a knowledge base article on setting up wifi.

Of course the gui is still being developed (actively right now), but there is still a full svxlink install and raspbian OS under the hood.

I work with the developer team so if the issue you are up against is in there, we would like to know how to reproduce it, we will fix it if we can.

Dan

On Dec 10, 2018 1:25 PM, "Mike via Groups.Io" <mikeymustang2000=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dan,
 I looked at OpenRepeater but it didn't do wireless. Do you know away around this?

73's

Mike WA3O

On Monday, December 10, 2018, 4:18:13 PM EST, Daniel Loranger <dloranger08@...> wrote:

Nick

For a good version of svxlink on raspberry pi, I would grab the latest openrepeater image.

It has been pretty well tested and was built with the latest svxlink release.

Openrepeater.com

Dan, kg7par

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018, 1:11 PM Mike via Groups.Io <mikeymustang2000=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:
Nick,

  I just checked both files with a text editor and I did a search for svxlink and came up with nothing found on both. I guess at this point I would like to find someone that would be willing to make back up of their  working Raspberry pi image that I can edit and put my info in...Any takers? It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

73's
Mike WA3O

On Monday, December 10, 2018, 6:30:02 AM EST, Nick G4IRX <nick@...> wrote:

So Rasbian Wheezy then.

Try looking for the logfiles in /var/log/syslog or /var/log/messages

tail -f /var/log/messages
or tail -f /var/log/syslog

You may need to prefix these with sudo.

Once you find the correct logfile you can filter it through grep

tail -f  /var/log/syslog | grep svxlink

73
Nick

Join svxlink@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.