Re: *** WARNING: Ignoring incoming connection ..

Nick G4IRX

I've not looked at the openrepeater image myself. Mine is running a simplex gateway on a Rpi B which runs Arch Linux Arm. I built svxlink from Arch pkgbuild and I don't see any significant CPU load with it running. Next steps here are to use GPIO for ptt and cos rather than the serial port.

73
Nick.

On 10 December 2018 22:00:08 GMT, Daniel Loranger <dloranger08@...> wrote:
I don't think many people use wifi for repeater setups so that is likely why there are few comments on it specifically, but it does work.

I had a development image running on a zero-w over the weekend.  It was a bit slow, but I think that is more processor than anything and could very well have been a side effect result of me mucking with things.

On Dec 10, 2018 1:37 PM, "Mike via Groups.Io" <mikeymustang2000=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dan,

The version I had did not support WiFi. I am guessing it does now...So , I guess the newer versions support Wifi? I looked on the web page and I could not find anything about Wifi support.

Thanks!

Mike WA3O

On Monday, December 10, 2018, 4:31:41 PM EST, Daniel Loranger <dloranger08@...> wrote:

Can you elaborate on won't do wireless?  Do you mean wifi?

I run wifi on the image off and on without issues, there is also a knowledge base article on setting up wifi.

Of course the gui is still being developed (actively right now), but there is still a full svxlink install and raspbian OS under the hood.

I work with the developer team so if the issue you are up against is in there, we would like to know how to reproduce it, we will fix it if we can.

Dan

On Dec 10, 2018 1:25 PM, "Mike via Groups.Io" <mikeymustang2000=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dan,
 I looked at OpenRepeater but it didn't do wireless. Do you know away around this?

73's

Mike WA3O

On Monday, December 10, 2018, 4:18:13 PM EST, Daniel Loranger <dloranger08@...> wrote:

Nick

For a good version of svxlink on raspberry pi, I would grab the latest openrepeater image.

It has been pretty well tested and was built with the latest svxlink release.

Openrepeater.com

Dan, kg7par

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018, 1:11 PM Mike via Groups.Io <mikeymustang2000=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:
Nick,

  I just checked both files with a text editor and I did a search for svxlink and came up with nothing found on both. I guess at this point I would like to find someone that would be willing to make back up of their  working Raspberry pi image that I can edit and put my info in...Any takers? It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

73's
Mike WA3O

On Monday, December 10, 2018, 6:30:02 AM EST, Nick G4IRX <nick@...> wrote:

So Rasbian Wheezy then.

Try looking for the logfiles in /var/log/syslog or /var/log/messages

tail -f /var/log/messages
or tail -f /var/log/syslog

You may need to prefix these with sudo.

Once you find the correct logfile you can filter it through grep

tail -f  /var/log/syslog | grep svxlink

73
Nick

Join svxlink@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.