Betreff: JB goes back to making stuff up
Datum: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 05:35:22 +0000
Von: John Birmingham <jb@...>
Antwort an: John Birmingham <jb@...>
An: baur@...

JB goes back to making stuff up
View this email in your browser <http://mailchi.mp/jbismymasternow/jb-goes-back-to-making-stuff-up-1359693?e=a1520f95fc>

Hi there.

It’s me, JB, and it's been a little while since we spoke. I’m sorry about that. (Although maybe you’re not). Anyway, my apologies. My dad, who’d been fighting cancer for a long time, finally succumbed earlier this year and having taken some time off to look after him, I took some more to look after myself.

I’ve now returned to the hard work of staring into space, making stuff up, and you’ll have stories of Smith and Cady, Dave and Threshy, and Kolhammer and crew before too long.

I’ve got a couple of tasty little treats I needed to tell you about first, though.

A few years ago I had the privilege of being set loose in S.M. Stirling’s narrative world <http://cheeseburgergothic.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e329cb25d9e4a43ff52e66579&id=4b79af9ec6&e=a1520f95fc>. Steve is a friend, but I’m also a hopeless fanboy of his Nantucket and Montival series. Sometime next week I’ll release the standalone adventure I wrote for /The Change/ <http://cheeseburgergothic.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e329cb25d9e4a43ff52e66579&id=0973322b30&e=a1520f95fc>, as an ebook in it’s own right. In keeping with my original promise, if you want it, you can have it for a hefty discount.

I could give you the elevator pitch about the amazing world of /The Change/ and the series in which it resides. But I’m just gonna tease you with the cover for my bit.

That’ll drop next week. Right now, if you’re a crime and thriller reader, you can get a great pre-order deal on a mega anthology I contributed to by hitting up the link below.

One lousy buck for so many stories I can’t even count them. (No. Seriously. I bombed out of math early and hard at school).

Talk next week.

cheers

JB

<http://cheeseburgergothic.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e329cb25d9e4a43ff52e66579&id=4add6384ef&e=a1520f95fc>

There I am! At number three! Grab it here. <http://cheeseburgergothic.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e329cb25d9e4a43ff52e66579&id=78840f2bf3&e=a1520f95fc>

<http://cheeseburgergothic.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e329cb25d9e4a43ff52e66579&id=b19d2b5caa&e=a1520f95fc>

<http://cheeseburgergothic.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e329cb25d9e4a43ff52e66579&id=1faa25cde5&e=a1520f95fc>

<http://cheeseburgergothic.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e329cb25d9e4a43ff52e66579&id=10f81a9e7c&e=a1520f95fc>

/Copyright © 2017 Birmingham and Lye P/L, All rights reserved./
Remember how you thought, "Oh yeah, too much JB is barely enough," and then you subscribed to his newsletter? Wait. What? You don't? Oh. Okay. It's possible I drugged you.

*Our mailing address is:*
Birmingham and Lye P/L
PO Box 437
Bulimba, Qld 4171
Australia

Add us to your address book <http://cheeseburgergothic.us10.list-manage.com/vcard?u=e329cb25d9e4a43ff52e66579&id=6475c719a2>

You can update your preferences <http://cheeseburgergothic.us10.list-manage.com/profile?u=e329cb25d9e4a43ff52e66579&id=6475c719a2&e=a1520f95fc> or unsubscribe from this list <http://cheeseburgergothic.us10.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=e329cb25d9e4a43ff52e66579&id=6475c719a2&e=a1520f95fc&c=3e7ff23631>.

--
Email from my mobile connection.

Sweet!
Thanks for the link.

Peter S

[...]

joatsimeon

nice cover, isn’t it?

On Oct 6, 2017, at 12:54 PM, Peter Sartucci via Groups.Io <psartucci@...> wrote:

Sweet!
Thanks for the link.

Peter S

[...]

Definitely, and a wonderful depiction of some of my favorite Australians.
:-)
I think I see the family resemblance between Pip and her mother.

Peter S

Datum: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 05:35:22 +0000
Von: John Birmingham <jb@...>
Antwort an: John Birmingham <jb@...>
An: baur@...

[...]

scott palter

What is projected release date?

Datum: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 05:35:22 +0000
Von: John Birmingham <jb@...>
Antwort an: John Birmingham <jb@...>
An: baur@...

[...]

markus baur

*nod, nod, nod*

servus

markus

Am 06.10.2017 um 20:54 schrieb joatsimeon via Groups.Io:

nice cover, isn’t it?
On Oct 6, 2017, at 12:54 PM, Peter Sartucci via Groups.Io <psartucci@... <mailto:psartucci@...>> wrote:

Sweet!
Thanks for the link.

Peter S

<http://cheeseburgergothic.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e329cb25d9e4a43ff52e66579&id=0973322b30&e=a1520f95fc>, <http://cheeseburgergothic.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e329cb25d9e4a43ff52e66579&id=0973322b30&e=a1520f95fc%3E,>
[...]

Tarl Neustaedter

On 2017-Oct-6 15:00 , scott palter wrote:

What is projected release date?

Looks like last week.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076N1SZ5L/

Is this the story that was in the short story collection or something new?

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Tarl Neustaedter <tarl-s2@...> wrote:
On 2017-Oct-6 15:00 , scott palter wrote:

What is projected release date?

Looks like last week.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076N1SZ5L/

Tarl Neustaedter

After some checking, this appears to be an independent release of the same story by him in /The Change/ .

On 2017-Nov-2 20:54 , agingcow2345 wrote:
Is this the story that was in the short story collection or something new?

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Tarl Neustaedter <tarl-s2@...> wrote:
On 2017-Oct-6 15:00 , scott palter wrote:

What is projected release date?

Looks like last week.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076N1SZ5L/

I'm trying to figure out if there will be a hardcover version.

Peter S

On 2017-Oct-6 15:00 , scott palter wrote:
What is projected release date?

Looks like last week.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076N1SZ5L/

I believe it is the backstory to part of the story that JB wrote for the Change anthology.
Or "how we got into this lovely business of raiding dead cities".
:-)
Peter S.

Is this the story that was in the short story collection or something new?

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Tarl Neustaedter <tarl-s2@...> wrote:
On 2017-Oct-6 15:00 , scott palter wrote:
What is projected release date?

Looks like last week.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076N1SZ5L/

So I'll take the 99 cent die roll.  Will advise.

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 8:21 PM, Peter Sartucci via Groups.Io <psartucci@...> wrote:
I believe it is the backstory to part of the story that JB wrote for the Change anthology.
Or "how we got into this lovely business of raiding dead cities".
:-)
Peter S.

Is this the story that was in the short story collection or something new?

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Tarl Neustaedter <tarl-s2@...> wrote:
On 2017-Oct-6 15:00 , scott palter wrote:
What is projected release date?

Looks like last week.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076N1SZ5L/

Its the story from the Change.  Needs a proofreading so it may be the unedited version.

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 11:58 AM, agingcow2345 <agingcow2345@...> wrote:
So I'll take the 99 cent die roll.  Will advise.

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 8:21 PM, Peter Sartucci via Groups.Io <psartucci@...> wrote:
I believe it is the backstory to part of the story that JB wrote for the Change anthology.
Or "how we got into this lovely business of raiding dead cities".
:-)
Peter S.

Is this the story that was in the short story collection or something new?

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Tarl Neustaedter <tarl-s2@...> wrote:
On 2017-Oct-6 15:00 , scott palter wrote:
What is projected release date?

Looks like last week.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076N1SZ5L/

Well bummer. I was hoping for something new.
Thanks for taking the time (and spending the money) to find out for us.
Peter S

Is this the story that was in the short story collection or something new?

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Tarl Neustaedter <tarl-s2@...> wrote:
On 2017-Oct-6 15:00 , scott palter wrote:
What is projected release date?

Looks like last week.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076N1SZ5L/

It was 99 cents and the dead tree volume is out on loan, possibly forever.  It was fun even knowing the ending.  The threesome are my kind of adventure party.  Its an RHG waiting to happen, each with their own backstory.

<tarl-s2@... <mailto:tarl-s2@...>> wrote:
On 2017-Oct-6 15:00 , scott palter wrote:
What is projected release date?
Looks like last week.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076N1SZ5L/
<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076N1SZ5L/>

--
Email from my mobile connection.

God bless my typos.  RPG.  Its a dungeon crawl after two treasures.