Topics

Social grace: the indispensable virtue

Mahiruha

Some of my customers are charming.  Once two young men came to my register, they looked like preppy beach bums.  I asked one of them what his name was and he said, “So are you going to ring us up?”

Another time a young Indian guy in medical scrubs came to my line.  I started checking out his items and just casually asked if he was having a nice day and he said,”Can I just get my groceries?”

And then there was the young lady, a college student who said “Can I just check out?” when I asked which college she went to.

The common denominator?  All these people were YOUNG!

We’re doomed!

---Mahiruha