Topics

Always an option

Mahiruha

 In the early morning of the first anniversary of Sri Chinmoy's Mahasamadhi, in 2008, I walked over to Aspiration-Ground from my apartment up the 85th Avenue hill.  In the auxiliary driveway, where prasad is placed, I saw my dear friends, they are the two brothers who used to dress as religious mendicants and dance and everyone would laugh, including Guru.  One of the brothers told me that from now on, no matter how many incarnations we have to take, simply because we have been initiated by a Master of Guru’s calibre, that spirituality will always be an option for us.  We may not choose to always act on this option, but it will always be a possibility for us in future lives.  That may not have been the case before.

I like that thought.

---Mahiruha