Today (14 April 2020) is the 50th anniversary of Sri Chinmoy: The Peace Meditation at the United Nations.

Sharani

https://vimeo.com/407059609/549e578afd

This is a wonderful video about the 50th anniversary of the Peace Meditation at the UN. I'm sharing it here in case you haven't already seen it. When we look back over our own inner journey's first steps to becoming a student of Sri Chinmoy, it sometimes appears that the first seeds to eventually becoming a disciple were planted long before actually learning about Sri Chinmoy outwardly.

I speculate that my first inner connection to Guru might have happened inside the United Nations in approximately 1975 or so. I grew up in the state of Michigan in the U.S. and went on a trip with my family to New York City for the first time ever and our visit included a tour of the United Nations. I was spellbound and captivated by the experience and came home to Michigan with the yearning to "grow up" and become an interpreter or someone who worked in international relations because I was so moved by going to the United Nations. I started taking two foreign languages in school instead of one and even started college as a double major in French and history. At that time, I had never visited another country besides Canada. Canada was a short trip by bridge or tunnel over the Detroit River so to me Canada always felt like a close relative or next door neighbor. Not actually being fluent in other languages, etc. kept my yearning squarely in the realm of dream rather than reality. And eventually I graduated from college with a major in neither French nor history.

Now that well over half my life has been as a student of Sri Chinmoy, I can't help but wonder if when I was inside the UN, Guru was there that day as well and we established an inner connection that later came to fruition in my outer life. By the time I joined the path, I had relocated to the East Coast and had the good fortune of being able to drive as little 3 to 5 hours to attend meditation activities with Guru. While the idea that nations could cooperate and work toward a common goal certainly inspired me, I now imagine that the enchantment I felt for the U.N. was probably actually my soul's thrill to meet Guru on the inner plane before later commencing on a conscious and inspiring inner life as a disciple of Sri Chinmoy.

p.s. if I wrote this story previously here, please forgive my repetition. It's just my way of saying that one of the things I always loved and still love about the path is Guru's love for and connection with the United Nations.

Join srichinmoyinspiration@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.