Response to messages from Doug Beebe and Steve Reinemer

peterapanel@...

Attached to the minutes for the November 2019 STNA board meeting you will find information that I sent to the board regarding so-called "cut-through" streets and other issues related to traffic diverters. For starters, the concept promoted by PBOT that demonizes SE Woodward as a so-called "cut-through" street is completely illogical. When you look at a map or drive around South Tabor, it immediately becomes obvious that there is simply no advantage to be gained by anyone driving on Division or Powell, either eastbound or westbound, to use Woodward as a "cut-through" street. In fact, Woodward has always been, and continues to be, a neighborhood "collector" street that is used by drivers whose point of origin and/or destination is within South Tabor. You can read more in the attachment to the November 2019 minutes.

Meanwhile, the press release that Chloe Eudaly's office sent out on April 28 about the Safe Streets Initiative made several references to some streets being closed, and there was a diagram showing a traffic diverter. But it also referred to some streets simply being limited to local traffic only.

So, there is no plan that has yet been made public that gives all of the details in writing, and that is the problem, in general, with the way in which PBOT operates. That's what I addressed in my email to Suk Rhee.

Peter Apanel

Join southtabor@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.