Topics

Shoreline Overflow Parking

Bill Bousman

Folks:

This morning, 12/9/07, I stopped at the Shoreline overflow parking area and checked out the local Canadas. I had about 125 birds in two flocks, so this was a small sample for the area, but they did include two CACKLING GEESE, both appeared to be _leucopariea_ or "Aleutian" Cackling Geese. One had at least a partial white ring at the base of the neck and both were fairly light on the breast, more so than I remember from previous birds. Also there, were 2 BURROWING OWLS, one in the protected or enclosed area in the lot and one on the hillside. A MERLIN was on a nearby tower.

Bill Bousman
Santa Clara County records compiler