Topics

moderated SCVAS Field trip at the Sunnyvale Water Treatment Plant

David Zittin

Hi Birders,
Twelve of us spend about 3 hours in and around the Sunnyvale WTP. We encounter a total of 51 species.

Soras were noisy and although we saw none, we heard loud whinny calls from four different birds. Cinnamon Teals were numerous. We counted at least 40, but I am sure
there were more in channels we could not see.

Some highlights for me were a Glaucous-wing Gull, a Mew Gull, some nice showings buy Lincoln's Sparrow, Red-breasted Mergansers (males and females) and two Orange-crowned Warblers.

Dave Zittin
dzittin@...