Topics

Sabine's Gull, WW Scoter, WT Sparrow

Matthew Dodder

All,

As of 7:30 this morning, the juvenile SABINE'S GULL was still present on the northeast corner of salt pond A13.

The are can be reached by hiking (biking) north from the marina parking area to the second levy (which separates A13 and A15).
The solitary bird was quite close to shore and very beautiful indeed!

While scanning the huge Scoter collection at Shoreline Lake I located a female WHITE-WINGED SCOTER, but did not find the Black Scoter.
In the bushes overlooking the Mountain View Forebay, (on the west end of the lake) I also found a WHITE-THROATED SPARROW foraging with several
GOLDEN-CROWNED and WHITE-CROWNED SPARROWS beside the garbage can. Look for the metal bike rack and bench along the main trail
a few feet before the lake.

.  .  .

Matthew Dodder