Topics

moderated Rough-legged Hawk reported on iNaturalist

Brooke Miller

Hi all,

A Rough-legged hawk was reported on iNaturalist today in Northern Coyote Valley.  You can see the observation (including photo) here:

Just playing the messenger,
Brooke Miller

  • A Rough-legged hawk was reported on iNaturalist today in Northern Coyote Valley.  You can see the observation (including photo) here:

FYI, looked at it this morning and Ryan’s suggested it’s a Ferruginous.

---------------------------------------

Chuq Von Rospach http://www.chuqui.com
Email: chuqui@...
Twitter: @chuq
Silicon Valley, California

(formerly chuqvr@.... Same me, less google)

_._,_._,_

Alvaro Jaramillo

All,

  If anyone sees this bird and gets photos, can you post them on eBird and let me know? This is a weird looking critter from this one photo. It almost looks like things I have seen in Asia. I sent the link to Brian Sullivan, he is open to it being a hybrid, perhaps Rough-leg x Harlan’s. But before getting farther into the ID, it would be awesome to have more material to look at. Sometimes a single photo can be misleading.

Alvaro

Alvaro Jaramillo

alvaro@...

www.alvarosadventures.com