Topics

recent sightings

michael mammoser <michael.mammoser@...>

On Friday, 7 Dec 07, I visited Lake Cunningham in
southeast San Jose. A flock of at least 14
WHITE-THROATED SWIFTS was accompanied by at least 13
swallows. All of those that I could see clearly were
VIOLET-GREEN.

Heading up towards Palo Alto later in the afternoon, I
stopped at Shoreline Lake and counted 1120 SURF
SCOTERS. The lake also held 2 HORNED GREBES.

Later, as Bob Power mentioned, we both saw a
SHORT-EARED OWL over the flood control basin. There
was also a HORNED GREBE in the slough, seen before Bob
arrived on the scene.

On Saturday, 8 Dec 07, I had 4 GREAT-TAILED GRACKLES
(2 male, 2 female) at the Coyote Creek Golf Course,
hanging out around the dumpsters.

Michael Mammoser