Topics

Palo Alto CBC Scouting

Bill Bousman

Folks:

I did some scouting this morning, 12/8/07, for the upcoming Palo Alto CBC, which is a week from Monday. At Shoreline Lake, I counted 1039 SURF SCOTERS, which is a lower bound, since many were foraging. Numbers of Common Goldeneyes were down from a few weeks ago, I counted only 25. I saw the female BARROW'S GOLDENEYE along the north shore, but not the male. Two adult and an immature BROWN PELICAN were in the lake. Brown Pelicans were actively foraging in Pond A1, my high count was 21, about evenly split between adults and immatures.

Bill Bousman
Santa Clara County records compiler