Topics

Oka Ponds

RREILING2@...

All,

This morning we had most of the usual "goodies" during our SCVAS field trip to Oka Ponds (Los Gatos Creek Park).  Included were several WILSON'S SNIPE (in two ponds  but none on Snipe Island), WOOD DUCKS (two females), HOODED MERGANSERS, BUFFLEHEAD, LESSER SCAUP, RING-NECKED DUCK, AMERICAN WIGEON, GREEN HERON, an AMERICAN HERRING GULL, a GLAUCOUS-WINGED GULL, and a THAYER'S GULL.  Some also saw a SPOTTED SANDPIPER, a GREATER YELLOWLEGS and a HERMIT THRUSH.

Take care,
Bob Reiling