Topics

Northern Waterthrush @ Charleston Marsh

Matthew Dodder

All,

This afternoon I took lazy stroll along the Charleston Marsh trail,
accessed from Charleston Road off of Shoreline Blvd. At parcourse
marker 18 "Balance Beam" there was an unusual, loud and very metallic
chip call, much like that of a Blue Grosbeak. A little coaxing got
the source to reveal itself, a NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH. This is the same
location I've seen Waterthrush several times before, although today's
look was especially good.

There were lots of Sparrows around, but nothing unusual. At one point
a GOLDEN-CROWNED SPARROW, a FOX SPARROW and a LINCOLN'S SPARROW were
all feeding side-by-side Towhee style. That close together, their
respective structures were very easily compared.

. . .

Matthew Dodder
http://www.birdguy.net