Topics

new area to bird

Janna Pauser <jannana@...>

I met Freddy Howells Wild Bird Center group this morning and birded the Guadalupe Creek trail. It's a fairly new trail, with easiest access off Meridian between Oslo Lane and Coleman Rd. in South San Jose. There's a series of ponds along Coleman Rd. from Camden to Almaden Ex. We covered only the ponds either side of Meridian this morning. I returned after lunch from the entrance off Singletree Way, which is off Camden and south of Blossom Hill Rd. Both trips were rather fast paced, and the few numbers I mention are approximate. I didn't bird the ponds east of Meridian. Good numbers of a dozen duck species seen today. Osprey and Golden Eagle were fly overs.

Janna Pauser

Pied-billed Grebe
Double-crested Cormorant
Ruddy Duck