Topics

Merlin(?) at Shoreline

Steve Zamek

I briefly viewed a Merlin (I think) at the Terminal Blvd entrance to
Shoreline Park on Saturday (Nov 18) around 3:00 PM.

I saw a falcon fly in and land on a round-topped light post. By the
time I swung my camera around, the bird was losing its footing and
slipping off. Less than one second later it was gone. But I did get
off three shots of the back and tail of the bird in that brief
instant. I never saw the face, unfortunately, but the last shot of
the very end of the tail may be diagnostic. Maybe some of the experts
in this group can confirm (or challenge) this sighting. Have a look
here for some very unsatisfying, but possibly helpful, photos:

http://picasaweb.google.com/stevezphotos/Merlin

Steve Zamek