Topics

moderated Backyard Birds

Jay Anderson

Hello birders,
Today we had a large and energetic group for Backyard Birds at McClellan Ranch.  Ranger Laura Coatney joined us which was very helpful!  Between birding at the feeders and a short walk, I gave brief talks on use of binoculars and Merlin Bird ID.

My hands were frozen after two hours holding binoculars, but we had a good outing.  I have 24 birds on the list.  The highlights were lots of woodpeckers.  We had FEMALE HAIRY, MALE & FEMALE DOWNY, MALE and FEMALE NUTTALL’s, and several ACORN.

Several people visited the office/store afterwards and I think we have a some new members as a result.

Here’s the list if you’re interested.

-Jay
650-793-2273