moderated Swamp Sparrow at Alviso Marina on 1/12/2020

Frank Vanslager

All:

On yesterday's Palo Alto Baylands trip we walked out along the Airport to the normal Swamp Sparrow spot, but I don't think anyone saw the bird.  So this cold morning at about 8:30 I was half way along the ramp leading down to the L-shaped boardwalk at the Alviso Marina when the Swamp Sparrow flew right close below me.

The first photo would have been the best, but it's not in focus.  The second one is better.  Garrett Lau and Tom Cho might have gotten better photos even though they were much further away.

Frank Vanslager

Join southbaybirds@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.