moderated 2010 birds

Bob Reiling

All,
All this morning I had 62 year birds including EVENING GROSBEAK (many thanks to Gina Zolotar and her husband, Los Altos), the four white SNOW GEESE (one adult & three Juveniles in Adobe Creek), a MERLIN, a COOPER'S HAWK (Shoreline), a SORA RAIL (Coast -Casey Forebay), a male NORTHERN PINTAIL (Don Edwards EEC), an adult COMMON GALLINULE (last Hwy 101 pond near Embarcadero Rd) , a BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER (Adobe Creek), a LESSER YELLOWLEGS (Alviso), and a pair of HOUSE SPARROWS (Los Altos). Other species included:
Canada Goose, Gadwall, American Wigeon, Mallard, Cinnamon Teal, Northern Shoveler, Northern Pintail, Green-winged Teal, Canvasback, Redhead, Greater Scaup, Lesser Scaup, Surf Scoter, Bufflehead, Common Goldeneye, Ruddy Duck, Pied-billed Grebe, Horned Grebe, Eared Grebe, Western Grebe, Eurasian Collared Dove, Mourning Dove, Anna's Hummingbird, American Coot, Black-necked Stilt, American Avocet, Killdeer, Marbled Godwit, Dunlin, Short-billed Dowitcher, Long-billed Dowitcher, Greater Yellowlegs, Willet, Ring-billed Gull, California Gull, Forster's Tern, Double0crested Cormorant, American White Pelican, Great-blue Heron, Great Egret, Snowy Egret, Black-crowned Hight heron, Turkey Vulture, Black Phoebe, American Crow, Common Raven, Western Bluebird, American Robin, European Starling, House Finch, Lesser Goldfinch, Yellow-rumped Warbler, White-crowned Sparrow, and Dark-eyed Junco.
I could not find either of the Barrow's Goldeye, the only male that looked fairly good appeared to be a hybrid GoldenXBarrow's Goldeneye, and I was unable to even search for the Eurasian Wigeon (as they were too far away & it was too dark).  Also dipped on the Palm Warbler.
Take care,
Bob Reiling,

Join southbaybirds@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.