moderated Wilson’s Snipe

Ann Hepenstal

On Mon, Alex and I went looking for Wilson’s Snipe at the “usual place” on San Tomas Aquino Creek trail near Intel:

During the SJ CBC, our team counted 25 Wilson’s Snipe there.
Alex and I counted 15 of them yesterday.

We also enjoyed seeing a Bald Eagle flyover, a female Hooded Merganser, 7 Common Mergansers (1 snoozing male, and a group of 6 females that flew by and later, we saw swimming), a Say’s Phoebe, and the “usual crew” including 71 Mallards. (!)

32 species, in .65 miles, on a beautiful afternoon. 😀

Good birding,
Ann

Join southbaybirds@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.