moderated Re: Evening Grosbeaks

GenDev

Merry Christmas!

Just got some good looks and poorly lit photos of four Evening Grosbeaks. Saw them in the pistache trees in the parking lot behind Chicos.
They were quite noisy, taking over the tree from a flock of Cedar Waxwings!

Good birding!

Genna deVries
San Jose

On Dec 24, 2019, at 12:16 PM, Ginger Langdon-Lassagne via Groups.Io <binzer@...> wrote:

Hi all,

We did get some okay (not great) audio recordings this morning. Urban bird call recording is a challenge, to find a few segments of calls that aren't drowned out by human conversations, car noise, plane noise, barking dogs, construction crashes…but a few seconds is better than nothing?

I would love to hear if anyone can tease out the breeding region for these lovely winter visitors.

Ginger

On Dec 24, 2019, at 10:16 AM, Alvaro Jaramillo <chucao@...> wrote:

All,
  If anyone can get some recordings (you can do it on your iphone – voice memo) and then upload it to an eBird list, they may be identifiable to call type and we can get a better idea of what region they came from.
Thanks,
Alvaro