moderated Varied Thrush at Smith Creek

William Pelletier

Folks,

Kitty and I decided to check Smith Creek, to see if we could find another early season VARIED THRUSH. We walked down to the creek and the water is low. On the way back, we had a pair of VATH foraging in the leaves across the stream, by the barbed wire fence in the pile of logs and brush. Otherwise, we had the usual suspects with the only warbler being a YELLOW WARBLER. There were a handful of HERMIT THRUSH and SPOTTED TOWHEE along the stream as well.

I think it is a good sign for more VATH than last year, which won't be hard to do since they were sparse.

Have a great weekend!
Bill P

Join southbaybirds@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.