moderated Ulistac & Lick Mill Park

Bob Reiling

All,

Best birds seen this morning (10/11) in the Ulistac Natural Area include a MERLIN (having an early breakfast of an unidentified, vested bird) a RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKER (site #2 Sapsucker tree) and a hybrid male NORTHERN FLICKER (a nice red nape crescent, a red upper half and black lower half malar and orange-shafted underwing feathers). He spent some time in a bare tree with three female red-shafted Northern Flickers.  Best birds in Lick Mill Park include a calling RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH (I've heard one calling the last few times I've birded there) and two closely interacting HERMIT THRUSHES.

Take care,

Bob Reiling

Join southbaybirds@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.