moderated A Possible American Golden-Plover at the EEC on 10/11/19

Frank Vanslager

All:

This morning I had what I thought was an American Golden-Plover on the west side of the EEC entrance road, a hundred yards or so before the gate.  The first two photos show the bird off to the left of the wooden post. When I walked the short distance back to get my reading glasses, that apparently scared the bird and it went into the nearby pickleweed, but I could still see its head.  Its the black tail extensions that seem to me to indicate an American.

The other 2 fuzzy photos are digi-scoped shots and most clearly show the white foreheads.  The bird may hang around.

Frank Vanslager

Join southbaybirds@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.