Open Letter to APHA, re: Leana Wen [EXTERNAL]

Katherine Peeler

Dear All,

This is my first time writing in this forum. I am not writing to encourage anyone to sign, or not sign, the letter referenced below. Each person should make their own informed choice.

But I do want to encourage all of us to think about what it means to foster dialogue rather than cancellation. An op-ed about the letter below came out in yesterday's Boston Globe (I apologize if there is a firewall - I think maybe everyone is allowed a couple of free article a month?): https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/08/18/opinion/an-absurd-disturbing-cancel-campaign-public-health/

Sincerely,
Katie

Katherine Ratzan Peeler MD, MA

Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion | ​Division of Medical Critical Care | Boston Children’s Hospital

Medical Director | Harvard Student Human Rights Collaborative Asylum Clinic

Department of Global Health and Social Medicine | Harvard Medical School

Center for Bioethics | Harvard Medical School

@katiehale29 | https://projects.iq.harvard.edu/peelerimmigrationlab