New from Berghahn: At Home in a Nursing Home (Angela Rong Yang Zhang)

Sean Andersson

*with apologies for cross-posting*

Hello,

I am very pleased to advise that Berghahn Books has just published At Home in a Nursing Home: An Ethnography of Movement and Care in Australia, by Angela Rong Yang Zhang.

How can the elderly and frail live out their lives with dignity? The author examines what it means to be ‘at home’ in residential care in a novel and compassionate way and her book provides a new route into the bodily realities of ageing. It is a vital contribution to the search for alternative approaches to aged care provision, an issue that will only become more pressing as global populations age.

The table of contents can be viewed at https://www.berghahnbooks.com/title/ZhangAt (just scroll down the page).

At Home in a Nursing Home is published in both hardback and digital editions. Recommend a copy to your library with this form or request a digital examination copy here.

It is published in our Life Course, Culture and Aging: Global Transformations series: https://www.berghahnbooks.com/series/life-course-culture-and-aging.

If you would like any further information please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Sean

Sean Andersson

Assistant Marketing Manager