Under general supervision, the Postdoctoral Research Assistant works under the guidance of the ARCS director and collaborate with ARCS faculty members and industry partner Medtronic and CSUN undergraduate and graduate students on the development and implementation of ethnographic field studies and solutions (behavioral and/or device) to address the research area/topic based on research findings.
- Leads research efforts into Holistic Social-Technological Solutions for Diabetes Comorbidities.
- Conducts ethnographic research and disseminate research work in relevant venues. Interfaces with Medtronic multidisciplinary team and other stakeholders.
- Develop funding proposals to support research activities. Leads and manages a team of multidisciplinary undergraduate and graduate students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in Anthropology with a focus in Medical Anthropology, Health Sciences, Gender Studies, Bioengineering, or other relevant field. PhD applicants from other disciplines may also be considered if they can document multidisciplinary backgrounds that among other areas include: ethnography, data analysis, statistics, research involving human subjects, human factors involving medical issues.
- Experience conducting fieldwork within underserved and under-resourced communities is desirable.
Job is open until filled.
Follow this link to apply:
-- Warmly,Samira Khabbazzadeh-RashtiCalifornia State University, Northridge Anthropology, M.A. || 2022ARCS Graduate Research Fellowhttps://arcs.center/