DISASTERS: HURRICANES : PUERTO RICO : THE CARIBBEAN : POLICITICAL CORRUPTION : UNITED STATES: POLITICS: POLITICAL PARTIES: REPUBLICAN PARTY, TEA PARTY : INDUSTRIES: PETROLEUM : LIBRETARIANISM : SOCIAL ISSUES: IMMIGRATION : RACISM : HATE : ENVIRONMENT: GLOBAL WARMING AND CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE: DENIAL: Trump Defends Tossing Paper Towels to Puerto Rico Hurricane Victims: Analysis

David P. Dillard

.

.

DISASTERS: HURRICANES :

PUERTO RICO :

THE CARIBBEAN :

POLICITICAL CORRUPTION :

UNITED STATES: POLITICS: POLITICAL PARTIES: REPUBLICAN PARTY, TEA PARTY :

INDUSTRIES: PETROLEUM :

LIBRETARIANISM :

SOCIAL ISSUES: IMMIGRATION :

RACISM :

HATE :

ENVIRONMENT: GLOBAL WARMING AND CLIMATE CHANGE :

CLIMATE CHANGE: DENIAL:

Trump Defends Tossing Paper Towels to Puerto Rico Hurricane Victims: Analysis

By Daniel Dale

Washington Bureau

Sun., Oct. 8, 2017

The Star

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/10/08/donald-trump-defends- paper-towels-in-puerto-rico-says-stephen-paddock-was-probably-smart-
in-bizarre-tv-interview-analysis.html

.

A shorter URL for the above link:

.

http://tinyurl.com/yabftf7o

.

.

In a conversation that aired on Christian television station Trinity Broadcasting, Trump said a number of bizarre statements including a defence of the beautiful, soft towels he threw in Puerto Rico. The cheering was incredible, he said.

.

WASHINGTON

U.S. President Donald Trump lashed out at the fake journalists who criticized him for tossing rolls of paper towel to Puerto Rican hurricane victims.

.

The paper towels, he said, were beautiful. And soft.

.

They had these beautiful, soft towels. Very good towels, Trump said in a conversation that aired Sunday on Christian television network Trinity Broadcasting. And I came in and there was a crowd of a lot of people. And they were screaming and they were loving everything. I was having fun, they were having fun. They said, Throw em to me! Throw em to me, Mr. President!

.

snip

.

1. He attacked San Juans mayor again

.

snip

.

2. He took credit for inventing the word fake

Trump, as he so often does, called the media fake. And then he, it seemed, took credit for coining the word fake.

.

snip

.

3. He said Las Vegas mass murderer Stephen Paddock was probably smart

.

Trump has been calling Paddock sick and demented. This time, he added a descriptor rarely heard from presidents talking about the perpetrators of mass slaughters.

.

snip

.

4. He accused Iran of working with North Korea

.

5. He offered a bizarre explanation for his latest favourite health-care plan

.

The Republican health-care bill that failed in late September, known as Graham-Cassidy, would have sent states money and instructed them to design their own health systems.

.

Trump said the downward transfer of power is a good idea because it would allow him to stop personally taking care of peoples health problems.

.

I want to focus on North Korea. I want to focus on Iran. I want to focus on other things. I dont want to focus on fixing somebodys back. Or their knee. Or something. Let the states do that, he said.

.

Perhaps he meant he wanted to be free of having to deal with health policy at all, but the Republican bill would not come close to ending the federal role in the system.

.

6. He said his post-hurricane consoling makes him feel good

.

7. He took another step away from his campaign promise to move the U.S. embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

.

8. He backed off his claim that his tax plan doesnt help the rich

.

In September, Trump falsely claimed that his plan for tax cuts, which would predominantly help rich people, would not help the rich at all. His language was significantly different this time.

.

He said the focus of tax reform was the middle class. But he did not deny that rich people would get help too.

.

This is not a tax (cut) for the rich. Now, everybodys going to benefit, he said.

.

9. He made false claims

.

It is not a Trump interview without some wrongness.

.

He said, again, that the Coast Guard saved 16,000 lives 16,000 lives, he emphasized during the response to Hurricane Harvey in Texas. The Coast Guard says it conducted 11,022 rescues.

.

He said, again, that the U.S. is the highest-taxed nation in the world. It is below-average for developed countries.

.

He said, again, that everybody was shocked by the 3.1 per cent economic growth in the second quarter of this year. Several prominent analysts predicted such growth.

.

And he said, again, that Daesh, also known as the Islamic State, was created in the vacuum left in Iraq when former U.S. president Barack Obama presided over a withdrawal of troops in 2011. The group, which has origins back to 1999, adopted the name Islamic State in 2006, more than two years before Obama took office.

.

.

.

.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@...
http://workface.com/e/daviddillard

Net-Gold
https://groups.io/g/Net-Gold
http://net-gold.3172864.n2.nabble.com/

AND Discussion Group Directory
http://tinyurl.com/ngda2hk

OR

FAKE NEWS
https://sites.google.com/site/fakenewsresearchguide/

RESEARCH PAPER WRITING
https://sites.google.com/site/howtowriteasuperresearchpaper/

EMPLOYMENT
https://sites.google.com/site/employmentsources/

INTERNSHIPS
http://tinyurl.com/2f9x2wp

TOURISM RESEARCH GUIDE
http://tinyurl.com/ycko9hqj

DISABILITIES AND EMPLOYMENT
https://sites.google.com/site/disabilitiesemploymentresearch/

Educator-Gold

K12ADMINLIFE

Social Work and Social Issues Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/social-work

Tourism Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/Tourism

Digital Scholarship Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/DigitalScholarship/threads
https://digitalscholarshipandscholarlypublication.wordpress.com/

Copyright Research Guide
https://sites.google.com/site/copyrightlawsites/

Fair Use
http://guides.temple.edu/fair-use

Blog
https://educatorgold.wordpress.com/

Articles by David Dillard

http://tinyurl.com/78a4shn

Twitter: davidpdillard

Temple University Site Map

Bushell, R. & Sheldon, P. (eds),
David P. Dillard
http://tinyurl.com/o4pn4o9

Rail Transportation

INDOOR GARDENING

SPORT-MED

.

.

Please Ignore All Links to JIGLU
Temple University Listserv Alert :
Years 2009 and 2010 Eliminated from Archives

.

.

Join social-work@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.