Topics

SoCalSOTA social media #sotafest

Ed

Hi all, wanted to let you know that as of today our group has a Instagram (@sotasocal) and Twitter (@socalsota) account.

@socalsota was already taken on Instagram which is why the names are different.

I am happy to maintain these accounts and if anyone has any content (photos, links, blog articles, announcements, etc.) please email them to me and I will post them. In the meantime, I will put up a few things from my archives just to give them something to start with.

It's been my experience that ham radio generally has more activity on Twitter, so my emphasis will probably be on that account, but I imagine that content will be roughly similar.

The main purpose of these accounts, as I see it, is to increase awareness of our group and our events, by interacting with hams that are already involved with social media, as well as those who happen to be searching for hashtags #summitsontheair, #hamradio, etc.

If anyone has any suggestions or contributions please let me know

Thanks,
Ed KM6TNT

Mike Molina

Hi everyone,

To keep our social media accounts active, please share with Ed anything that might be worth sharing including Field Day pictures, photos activations, gear, unique setups, antennas, backpacks, or blog posts and news. It can be stuff from previous activations - can be from your archives. We'll need your photos and content to keep things going!

Please share your photos and content by emailing them to km6tnt@...

If you have your Instagram or Twitter usernames, please send that along as well so we can tag you!

  • Instagram - Instagram is huge on photos so any photos or videos that you've made or want to share
  • Twitter
    • Photos and videos (similar to Instagram)
    • SOTA news, blog posts, etc. (ideally with thumbnails)

Thanks everyone for all the help!

Adam Kimmerly

Ed, feel free to post any of these.  If you need more details beyond the description just ask.

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020, 4:31 PM Ed <km6tnt@...> wrote:
[...]

Christian N1CLC

Ed.  All of my photos are in trip reports on hamninja.com but I keep them organized on my system. So I could  send you some direct if you want.

For people that want to learn how to do SOTA, you might send them to a series that I did on that called SOTA 360.

Feel free to link to any of my videos on my YouTube channel located at hamninja.com/videos.

Any future SoCal summits I do I'll crank you out a few photos.
- - - - - -

. . .2
-- C  --
Chris Claborne
N1CLC
Dreams are just screensavers for the mind.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 10:08 PM Adam Kimmerly <tradmonkey@...> wrote:
[...]

Dan AI6XG

feel free to link to anything in
https://photos.app.goo.gl/X5bTfCLCMqwh785p8

https://www.ai6xg.com/sota

it is northern CA not southern though

Mike Molina

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the quick response! If you're on Twitter and/or Instagram, please @ mention socalsota so that we can repost your content! I'm going to begin promoting SoCal SOTA this weekend on the SOTA Reflector and the SOTA NA Slack group, so stay tuned.

- Mike (KN6EZE)

Kim Cary KC6ARY

Ed, do we have an standardized hashtag for socalsotafest?

Ed

Not that I know of. I suggest #socalsotafest

On Jul 4, 2020, at 12:16 PM, Kim Cary KC6ARY <kim@...> wrote:

Ed, do we have an standardized hashtag for socalsotafest?

Mike Molina

Sounds good Ed! It's a thing now #socalsotafest :D

- Mike (KN6EZE)

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020, 3:47 PM Ed <km6tnt@...> wrote:
Not that I know of. I suggest #socalsotafest

On Jul 4, 2020, at 12:16 PM, Kim Cary KC6ARY <kim@...> wrote:

Ed, do we have an standardized hashtag for socalsotafest?

Jose Pantaleon

Ed,

For what it's worth you may consider adding the year to the end of that hashtag.

Jose - K6HZR

On Sat, 4 Jul 2020 at 15:47, Ed <km6tnt@...> wrote:
Not that I know of. I suggest #socalsotafest

On Jul 4, 2020, at 12:16 PM, Kim Cary KC6ARY <kim@...> wrote:

Ed, do we have an standardized hashtag for socalsotafest?

Ed

Thank you Dan and others for contributing!